Smoked Maple Old Fashioned
We took a classic and put a spin on it with smoke, maple, and walnut. We may be bias, but after drinking over 100 variations of this classic we like this recipe the best. Now let's get to work!
- 2oz. Bourbon or Rye Whiskey - Our favorite is Michter's Rye
- 1oz. Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup - We recommend Runamok
- 3-4 Dashes Black Walnut Bitters - We recommend Fee Brothers
- (1) Maraschino Cherry - We recommend Luxardo
- (1) Fresh Orange Peel
- (1) Large Square or Sphere Ice Cube
- Step 1: Pour the bourbon, maple syrup, and bitters into a mixing glass or shaker and stir with a small amount of ice.
- Step 2: Add the large sphere or square cube to a high-ball whiskey glass, place The Smoke Stack with Orange Peel Wood on top and infuse your glass with smoke.
- Step 3: Remove The Smoke Stack and strain the Old Fashioned into the highball glass.
- Step 4: Add a freshly sliced orange peel and maraschino cherry for garnishes and enjoy!